Wine Tasting Events
Liberty has a long history of supporting charities in the Vancouver community and we are thrilled that we’ve been able to help so many.
Throughout the year, Liberty hosts numerous tasting events that directly benefit local charities. In 1993, we launched Taste BC, a local celebration of food and drink, to benefit BC Children’s Hospital’s - Oak Tree Clinic. Our Tastings-in-the-Park series, which take place four times a year at the Vancouver Rowing Club, provides funding for amateur sport in Vancouver.
- $214,153 - Raised for BC Children's Hospital - Oak Tree Clinic through Taste BC
- $114,018 - Raised for Amateur Sports in BC through 'Tastings-in-the-Park' events
- $23,828 - Raised for the BCSPCA through Granville Island's Fall into the Market
- $5,971 - Raised for the Dr. Peter Centre through Wines in the West End
- $22,719 - Raised for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation through Rosé Revival
- $12,888 - Raised for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society through East Side Beer Fest & Best of the Northwest Beer Fest
- $370,023 - TOTAL RAISED
TASTE BC 2015 - January 22nd, 2015
VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Liberty Merchant Company hosts the 21st annual Taste BC: a fundraiser for the Oak Tree Clinic at BC Children’s Hospital. The Foundation provides specialized HIV care for infected women, pregnant women, partners, children and youth, and support services for affected families. Thanks to the generosity of participants and vendors, the event has raised a collective total of $214,157 since 1995.
The annual celebration of local food and drink takes place January 22nd, 2015 from 4:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pan Pacific Hotel in downtown Vancouver. Guests will taste, sip and experience BC’s finest wine, beer and spirits accompanied by tasty fare from our best local purveyors. Attractions will include music, door prizes, and a silent auction. Auction prizes include luxury items, local experience packages, destination packages and delicious products made by British Columbia’s own.
Taste BC is an event that is not to be missed. Help support the Oak Tree Clinic while enjoying the finest B.C. has to
offer. Tickets are $49.99 and available at all Liberty Wine Merchant stores. For the most up-to-date information, please visit www.taste-bc.com and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Taste BC sponsored by CTV, 103.5 QM/FM, 24Hrs Vancouver, The Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel and Precision Graphics.